As a Southern California resident, you may have noticed an increase in the availability of outpatient rehab programs in your area. With so many options, it can be difficult to determine if outpatient rehab is the right choice for you or a loved one. In this article, I will explore the benefits of outpatient rehab and share five indicators to consider when deciding if it’s time to seek treatment.
Outpatient Rehab indications
- You have tried to quit on your own but continue to relapse.
- Your addiction is affecting your work, school, or relationships.
- You are experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you try to quit.
- You are using more of your substance of choice than you used to in order to achieve the same effect.
- You continue to use despite negative consequences, such as legal issues or health problems.
Common Misconceptions About Outpatient Rehab
One common misconception about outpatient rehab is that it is not as effective as inpatient treatment. However, studies have shown that outpatient rehab can be just as effective as inpatient treatment for many individuals.
Another misconception is that outpatient rehab is only appropriate for individuals with mild addictions. In reality, outpatient rehab can be a viable treatment option for individuals with moderate to severe addictions, depending on their specific needs.
Cost of Outpatient Rehab in Southern California
The cost of outpatient rehab in Southern California can vary depending on the program and the individual’s insurance coverage. However, in general, outpatient rehab is less expensive than inpatient treatment. Many rehab programs offer payment plans or sliding scale fees to make treatment more affordable.